Thursday, June 9, 2011
Signed, Sealed, and Delivered!
Message from Capt Lee:
We are already 1.5 months into our deployment and I have to say that it's been extremely fast for us at FB Saenz and FOB Edinburgh. Fortunately, this past week has been relatively quiet and calm. This has allowed Marines to catch up on building projects, PT and the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program (MCMAP). SSgt Palacios (battery operations chief) has started a MCMAP training program that would allow Marines to upgrade their belts during downtime. It has quickly progressed and grown in only a short period of time. The Marines are starting to realize that time goes quicker when you stay engaged with extracurricular activities, such as MCMAP. Recently, our Commanding General (CG) visited the Marines at both FB Saenz and FOB Edinburgh. He was thoroughly impressed with their attitude and motivation. Morale is exceptionally high and the Marines take pride in their platoon, battery and position. At one point during the CG's visit, he leaned over and asked me "Where do we find kids like this?" My response was "Only in the United States." As our Battalion Sergeant Major would say, "Hell yeah!" Mail is flowing into both positions routinely now. Please continue to send more and more mail for your Marines. They love getting packages, letters and pictures from home. The mobile PX arrived yesterday with a full complement of gee dunk, energy drinks, sodas, hygiene products, and supplements. Rest assured, your Marines are well taken care of.
I was able to talk to Tony last night, well I guess it was early this morning, but he sounded really good and I was so glad he called! He told me that they have been keeping really busy out there and he appreciates the boxes that are being sent to him. I think all of the Marines favorite part of the day is mail call. He has been working on his martial arts and I think he has moved up a belt since he asked me to go to base and buy one for him and send it out. I will most likely do that tomorrow while I am out and about. He also said that they tried to make pancakes the other day and it didn't work out so well for them. He said it took about three hours to make pancakes and they weren't very good but because they had worked so hard on them they ate them anyway. They made the batter but the problem was not being able to control the temperature that they were cooking at. If I remember correctly they were cooking over a fire or something that they couldn't turn down the heat. I wish I could remember but its hard when you're just woken up and it is 130am!! Basically they didn't cook evenly but they tried there hardest. He got the coffee box that I sent him!! I don't know if he REALLY liked it or not. He said he did but when I said I could send more he told me he still had some left.......oh well! I sent him the instant coffee that you just add to water but I also packed a mug, sugar packets, powder creamer, and different flavors. I thought it would be a nice break from water and might be nice to drink at night or something. Im starting to forget everything that I put in the packages but Im going to keep sending them!! He sounded really good and has his voice back again. We're almost through two whole months!!! I guess I was really excited when I was talking to him because I had to keep repeating myself because he couldn't understand. Finally he told me that the phone connection is bad so I have to speak slowly so he can hear it. I then felt weird because how slow is slow?!?! I felt a little dumb but at least I didn't have to repeat anymore. I have to remember, no matter how excited I am, I have to speak slowly!! I love when he calls, so here I will be, anxiously waiting by the phone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment