Monday, June 20, 2011

Devil Dog

Update from Capt Lee:
The battery continues to work hard and provide accurate, devastating fires in support of other Marine units.  It is getting hotter as we prepare ourselves for the hottest months (July and August) of the year.  Currently, average temperatures are from 110-120 degrees.  Some would wonder how we are able to live and operate in such austere conditions.  The answer is simple: we are United States Marines and we fight in “any clime and place.”  From the frozen mountain tops of Korea, the jungles of Vietnam and now the deserts of Afghanistan, we as a Corps have fought valiantly against our Nation’s enemies and will continue to answer the call to fight.  It is this proud ethos that fuels your Marines and their desire to succeed.  I am very proud of your Marines.  They have demonstrated significant endurance and resolve during the deployment. Please continue to send mail for your Marines.  Mail arrives weekly and I think we have “cracked the nut” on the mail system.  I hope these weekly emails help you during the deployment.  Rest assured, your Marines are healthy, safe and under great leadership.  Arson leading the way!


Tony called last night and I was able to talk to him for about a half hour, I think Im getting used to the early morning wake up calls, I remembered what we talked about!!! He was really excited because they were able to have real meat, T-Bone steak to be exact, for dinner the other night. He said it was nice to have real food and that it tasted good. Im sure he will be requesting all kinds of things to have on the dinner menu when he gets back. I better start practicing! When I got home from work today I was greeted by a very large and very ugly cockroach.........HELP!!!! My cockroach killer is deployed and the temporary vacancy needs to be filled IMMEDIATELY. They are soooooo gross. He is dead but now I need someone to remove him from the premises......Hurry home to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment