Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Please Mr Postman Look And See, Is There A Letter, A Letter For Me

 I know I have been sending mail and anxiously waiting to hear if any of it has been delivered yet.  These pictures put into perspective why it might take a while for mail to get where it needs to go. This mail above has come in on planes. I was told that they drop these out of them with parachutes.....Im not sure if that is true or not but if it is then hopefully the parachutes always open..... After the mail is delivered to headquarters battery they have to go through and organize all of it according to the areas the Marines are in. This means every box must be read and sorted.

There has been a backlog of mail due to the different units coming back to there home bases and units arriving.  Mail has been a little confusing as boxes are arriving for Marines already headed back and mail arriving for people that don't quite have their boots on the ground. I can't say that I am jealous of this job. I do like to organize things and create some kind of order but this looks a little overwhelming, especially when dealing with so many people getting packages from all over the United States. Some how it ends up where it needs to go, eventually.
 The sorting is complete and organized by the various locations the Marines are stationed within the country.  The mail is then convoyed to where it needs to go and the Marines have mail call. The mail only makes it onto the trucks if there is extra room otherwise, food, gear, and equipment take precedence.  These are all the packages that have been sent to 1/12 while they are gone, they have lots of love and support coming there way.
Just keep sorting, just keep sorting, just keep sorting
Mail waiting to find its way to their Marines.

No comments:

Post a Comment