These are my new bracelets!!!! Im going to wear them ALL the time. The tan one has a charm that is a letter and on the back it says with love. I picked that charm because thats the way we communicate now, with letters, emails, and phone calls. I placed it on the tan one because that is the uniform he is wearing while deployed. I love you and miss you.
Update from Capt Lee:
At this point in the deployment, all of your Marines are comfortably (as humanly possible) situated in their firing positions. I am proud to say that your Marines have been working hard and providing accurate fires for Marines in need of artillery support. At FB Saenz, the Marines have been very busy this past week executing fire missions in support of other Marine units. There is nothing better than artillerymen doing their job and shooting artillery. Your Marines have trained so hard on Kaneohe Bay, Schofield Barracks, Pohakuloa Training Area (PTA) and 29 Palms for these moments during our deployment. Believe me when I say that their performance has been nothing less than exceptional. Mail has arrived again and continues to arrive every week. Please flood the mail system with plenty of packages and letters for your Marines. Today we received additional recreational equipment from our Battalion Supply. It included a television, an XBOX, surround sound speakers, projector and DVD player for our movie tent. We also recently received brand new gym equipment to supplement our “prison gym.” The days are hot, dusty and windy but they do go fast. All of the Marines are well and we continue to rely on each other to get through the days. We miss you all.
The Marines at FB Saenz are living in 2-man tents (one per Marine) under solar shades that keep them cool during the day. Marines are eating tray ration meals that are better tasting than MREs. In addition to their normal chow, we are supplemented with fruits, pop tarts and 'real' cereal (Pops, Frosted Flakes, Raisin Bran, Cheerios, Fruit Loops, etc). I have yet to hear a Marine complain about their chow. During the day, the temperatures vary between 110-115 degrees. It may sound bad but it's actually not. I'm not going to lie, it is hot, but we mitigate the exposure to the sun with solar shades, cammie netting and cooling tents. In addition, we have large refrigerators that are stocked with water during the day. Overall, all of the MArines are doing very well. Just recently, a mobile PX arrived at FB Saenz bringing every comfort food you can think of. Mail as you know is slower than anticipated. I ask that you please be patient with the process. Due to current combat operations, mail may be 'bumped' due to a unit's operational need. I can assure you that it will arrive. 1stSgt Ellington and I would be the first to address this issue if we felt it was unjust. Please continue to send more mail and packages for your Marines. I would like to close by saying that I am so proud of your Marines and humbled by your support. Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Semper Fidelis.


No comments:
Post a Comment