Friday, May 13, 2011

See You Later, Never Good Bye


Perfect Pair
            Our day began at 5:00am on Friday, April 29th 2011. We tried to stay awake most of the night but that didn't work out to well for either of us. I got ready really quickly and jumped back into the bed so I could watch him finish getting ready without being in the way. We left the house bright and early and I was secretly hoping it would take forever to get to base. Unfortunately it felt like we got there really quick, I guess thats what happens when you want the opposite to occur.  When we arrived everyone was staging there bags so I helped him carry his stuff to where it belonged.  This essentially meant that I carried the backpack and he carried everything else, its HEAVY!!!!! We hung out in the parking lot for a little while and then he had to go to the armory to pick up his gun. I wasn't allowed to go so I sat in the parking lot for a while just looking around. The base store opened so I went to pick up the few items he forgot like locks for his bags and extra chevrons (his rank) for his collar.  Once I got back from that he showed up shortly after with his gun.  They formed up to get instructions on packing up the equipment and bags onto the buses and then they loaded everything up.  After this was complete they formed up again and took role to make sure everyone was still there.  They were then told they had fifteen minutes to say their 'see you laters' to their families and then it was time to go.  It was a lot harder to let go than I thought it would be but I managed. Maybe I did cry all day and didn't want to do anything but I decided, Im allowed to feel that way. Besides, once you did get it all out you feel a little better. It was definitely a miserable day but now we are two weeks into it and were going strong!! 

One HUGE hug.......
and the kiss that lasts 7 months
This is when your heart is being ripped out
See You Soon My Love


No comments:

Post a Comment