Mom, when looking back over the years the thing I remember the most is that you were always there. You were at every soccer game, every dance practice, recital and performance, every band concert, golf tournament, and awards night. I dont know how you managed to fit it all in, you must have been really tired. Now that I am a little older I understand a lot more of everything you did for us. Dinner does not magically appear on the table and it is a little more difficult to create a menu than I originally thought. It is very frustrating when you make something and all you hear is I don't like that, or what is it....? Then the familiar phrase of just try it, you might like it pops into my head, its popular at my house too. Laundry is actually a pain to do and the clothes don't jump out of the dryer and neatly put themselves away. Fingerprints have to be wiped off of glass, and walls really aren't made to be touched, which hasn't been figured out around here yet. Yard work does exist, the palm fronds, which are like your pine cones, don't float on the wind to the neighbors yard as often as I wish they did. I remember complaining to be bored when Jessica was busy or didn't want to play with me and you were nice enough to suggest that maybe I could clean my room if I was so bored, or clean the bathroom, or vacuum downstairs, I usually wasn't bored anymore and found something to do. I make the same suggestions when Tony says he is bored and he reacts much like I did and finds something else, which makes me laugh now. I appreciate you more now than I think I ever did growing up because like they say, hindsight is twenty twenty, and I now fully understand everything you did to make sure we had everything we needed and felt loved. I hope when it is time for me to have kids I can be half the mom that you were to me. I want to be just like you, I will be at every function even if I have to read a book to find out what all the rules are so I can cheer my kids on. They will all have opportunities to try sports, instruments, dance lessons, or anything else they might want to try. Home is going to be a happy place where we treat each other with kindness and love. These are all things that you have taught me and you are my best friend. We didn't see eye to eye all the time but I think for the most part things turned out just fine :) I love you!
Now for the other mom I know. Jessica, I am so proud of you. We have definitely had our rough patches and have both survived despite the overwhelming feeling of wanting to kill each other at some point while growing up. We both chose very different paths in life but thats ok, thats what makes us different. We both have found our way and I think we are doing pretty good for ourselves. I think you have two of the cutest little boys on the planet. I miss Michael so much and he isn't so small anymore, I dont think he would fit into my backpack like he did the last time I saw him. Little Rafi is sooooo cute, he has the cutest little smiles and laughs. I can't wait to meet the little guy, hopefully he will still be small enough to hold. I know you are a fantastic mom to both of those little guys. I hear it when they come running to you because they tripped and fell and just want you to hold them. I also hear them push your patience when they decide it is a good idea to eat your phone or stand on the table but that is what makes them boys!!! Me laughing in the background probably doesnt help but Tia Ali can do whatever she wants!!! Just wait until you get a drumset in the mail ;) You also pushed mom and dads patience so maybe its payback...? lol. I should watch what I say because I don't have any yet and mine will act up just because I made fun of you! They are learning so much and growing so fast. Enjoy being a mommy, they don't stay small forever, eventually they will be like you and me, off doing their own thing.



No comments:
Post a Comment