Friday, January 21, 2011

California, I Dislike You

Reason number one, you took my husband!!! So far it has been two and a half weeks since you've been gone, still have a month to go......I dont have a count down or anything.....
Tony has sent me a couple pictures of what it looks like over there. Can you believe that's California?!?!?!
Tony said he gained weight when we were in Alaska. I told him that we both did because our bodies went into hibernation mode. I really do believe this!!! We have both been trying to lose a little bit of weight. He said he has been working out everyday. From the picture he sent me it doesn't look like he has much to lose, what do you think?
He is sick right now, I feel bad for him when I talk to him on the phone, he hasn't been sleeping well either. During the day its hot but at night it drops down into the 30's. The two extremes have been hard for all of them to get used to and quite a few of them are sick. He has a cough, stuffed nose, and his voice sounds different on the phone. He has been trying to get more rest and they are giving him various cold medicines to try to get him better. They left for the field yesterday which means, no more phone calls. Other than being sick he is doing well. I remind him to be a sponge and learn as much as he can and retain it. They have a lot of gear over there that they dont have in K-Bay so Im sure he will be bringing home a lot of extra things with him, the trick is to get him to put it away....
My Tough Marine

No comments:

Post a Comment