Sunday, February 26, 2012

Tony Swims With Sharks at 23!!


I decided to surprise Tony this year with his birthday present and invited our friends to tag along!!! On his birthday we went to dinner at Gyukaku, its one of our favorite restaurants on the island. We both worked a long day and I had to work on Saturday but we did something small together. He opened his gifts before we went to dinner and he loved ALL of them :) We went to dinner with our neighbors and had a wonderful time.  On Saturday, while I was at work, Tony went to Podium Raceway with our neighbors son and they raced go carts. I think they both really enjoyed it. On sunday we got up at 5:00am and got ready for our adventure for the day.  We were jumping into the shark cages!!! This is not an activity that I would pick to do but Tony has wanted to do it for a really long time and I figured we could do it on his birthday, sounds like a good present to me. He was surprised and excited to do this.  I was nervous that I would back out once I got out there but I couldnt be a baby!! While riding out to the shark location they gave us instructions and told us how things would go once we reached the shark spot. Tony was the first one to jump into the cage and the rest of us slowly followed. It was actually kind of neat to see them but I stayed in a little ball inside of the cage just in case. I thought the water was cold but after getting in I think I was more focused on the sharks and forgot about it. We were in the cage for about 15-20 mins and they pulled us back in. The only down fall of going first was that most of us started feeling sick after being in the water. It was a little choppy out there because it was so early in the morning, good thing it was a rainy/cloudy day. Afterwards we went home, curled up and watched movies and tried to stay warm. I think he enjoyed his birthday surprise and we can cross this off our list of things to do!!
Kona Noelle Tony John Marlena
SHARKS!!!!!

Good day to jump in with sharks!!
WE DID IT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment