Saturday, February 11, 2012

Time To Be A Princess at the Warrior's Ball


I LOVE military balls!!! They are my favorite time of the year but unfortunately for me Tony was deployed during the Marine Corps birthday ball.  I wasn't that upset about it, I knew there would always be next year.  Then I found out that they would be doing a make up ball, except this one would be called E ho'opili i na koa, which means Return of the Warriors. This was a good enough reason to celebrate for me!! Our Warriors Ball was held on February 11, 2012.  This meant that Tony got to be dressed up in his uniform and I got to wear a dress and heels! Did I mention this is my favorite time of the year? Tony puts up with me and says that it is my time of the year to act like a Princess. I think that is a good thing....?
I think I am allowed to ask for one night where we can get dressed up, go out and have a nice dinner, dance, and enjoy ourselves.  The ball was held at the Hilton Hawaiian Village this year but we decided we would make the drive back home at the end of the night instead of staying downtown.  I had to work the next day and we had things we needed to do around the house so it worked out. We mingled with various people and hung out with Tony's good friend John Irwin. I put both of his names because we just call him Irwin but I didn't want you guys to think his mother was mean and that was his first name!
The dinner we had was also very enjoyable.  We had wine during cocktail hour and mingled with everyone.  Once cocktail hour commenced we went inside to find our seats and the ceremony began.  After the ceremony it was time to eat and it was really good. Tony had steak which came with asparagus and potatoes.  I had chicken which also came with potatoes and asparagus, but I also got shrimp.  I traded Tony my potatoes for his asparagus.  We enjoyed dinner and dessert was ice cream cake!!
After the ball we walked around on the Hilton Property for a little while and window shopped. We didn't need anything but they have an area set aside for vendors on the property and we looked around. We also took a stroll down to the beach, romantic, I know :)
Yes, the only reason we are facing backwards is because I wanted a picture of the back of my dress, can you blame me? I only get to be a princess once a year so I have to make the most of it!! Tony had his photo taken with a very important person, who it is, Im not entirely sure......
The last three photos I think are my favorite from the entire night.  The first one is the professional pictures we take every year at the dance.  I have a sequential frame and just continuing adding to it, I like to see how we have changed over the year.  So far the trend is that I look a little older and Tony always has less hair :) The next one I just think is cute and want to print it to have in our house. The last photo makes me laugh and sums out how we are and our personalities. We are only serious when we have to be!!
Always Havin' A Good Time

No comments:

Post a Comment