Sunday, December 25, 2011

Warm Christmas


I guess many people welcome the idea of having a warm Christmas but it is not something that I particularly wish for.  With anticipating an upcoming move and not being certain exactly what is in store for us we decided it would be best to stay on the island this year.  We did the best we could to make it feel like Christmas despite wearing shorts and tank tops every day and heading to the pool.  Santa wearing boardshorts and hanging ten just doesn't do it for me, it doesn't feel right. I really liked our snowflake lights in the window, they go through different settings all night long.  We did have icicle lights all of the way around our house but we forgot to check them and make sure they were all in working order......Once they were up they were not coming back down so this is what our house looked like hahaha.
These guys were new additions for our yard, I think they are soooooo cute!! Unfortunately I do not think they will survive to make it to next year.  When I was taking them out of our yard I noticed that the cords were burned/melted together. I really want to save them but I do not think they would be safe to use, they caught on fire once already...... I think the sprinklers are the reason for them no longer working. In NORMAL places it is cold and the sprinklers arent used during the winter!!!! They ruined my lawn ornaments!!
These little guys went around our windows inside of the house and lined our breakfast bar!! I think they are amazing and they give off enough light that you can still see to watch a movie without glare. I was sad to take these down.
These are the Christmas cards we received this year!! We ran out of places to put them so we decided to tape them up on the wall. I think we have a nice collage going and they are all still up!!
This is our first big Christmas tree!!! Last year we were in Alaska so we bought a small two and a half foot tree but this year we had a real sized one!! It was fun buying ornaments to put on it. We did learn a valuable lesson, put the star on top first because when you (Tony) starts pulling on the tree to reach the top the ornaments fall off and break.....lesson learned!!
Its amazing what you can find in different places. This is a gift we received and it is hand made!! I love the detail in it and I know it was made just for us. These coasters have been added to our coffee table and have been a conversation piece a few times.  We had a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed spending time with one another.  We made a french toast breakfast after opening presents and watched a couple Christmas movies with the air conditioner turned on a little higher than normal so we could wear our warm pajamas and pretend it was cold.  We were very thankful to be able to spend the holidays together.

No comments:

Post a Comment