Monday, December 5, 2011
Two Years and Going Strong
Happy Anniversary!!!!! Wow, its been two years, I cant believe it!!! Tony planned our anniversary all the way from Afghanistan and surprised me with a wonderful night. He told me about all the frustration he went through to plan this for me. As we all know, the phones are not of the best quality over there and when he was calling the various vendors the first thing he had to do was explain where he was so if the phone cut out they knew to wait and he would call back. Eventually he got everything planned and set up for us. He told me the only thing I needed to do was find a dress to wear for our anniversary, so I did. I love my dress, hopefully I can wear it other places later too. A limo came to our house and picked us up to take us to dinner. Tony remembered that I had said I had never been in one so he decided that for our anniversary we would ride around in one. It also solved the question of who was going to drive. Taking a cab is waaaaaaay to expensive from our house to town where all the nice restaurants are. The limo driver took us to the Sheraton Waikiki where we had a great steak dinner and shared a bottle of wine. It rained but we didn't let that ruin the night. My hair was a little crazy from the humidity but it worked out. This was all my anniversary present from Tony, he said he was going to take me on an unforgettable date because it was our anniversary and to make up for not being able to take me out for the last 7 months. I loved our night out and it was great to spend quality time together, no phones, no interruptions, no skype or instant messages, just me and him sitting across the table from each other. I also gave him his anniversary gift which I think he really liked too. I gave him Scala's which are blue tooth headsets for the motorcycles. It allows riders to talk to each other so we do not have to use ridiculous hand signals anymore or yell and hope the other one hears what we said. We both had an enjoyable night and had fun getting dressed up.
I got to plan the second part of our anniversary which occurred on Sunday. I got us tickets to go see Riverdance, which he had not seen yet. I guess I have opened him up to the world of plays, musicals, and concerts. So far I have not picked something that he didn't enjoy so I get to keep buying tickets for shows, at least for now. We really liked watching them dance on stage, Tony said they could do less singing and more dancing but overall it was good. It might not be exactly what he wanted to do to celebrate our anniversary but he still took me to see it!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment