Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Toys for Tots


We got up early again this year and did the Toys For Tots motorcycle ride, it really is one of my favorite things to do in December. It doesn't take up a lot of time and I LOVE knowing that I am helping someone else. Shopping in the toy section is always a nightmare during this time of the year but luckily Tony and I were able to go in the afternoon one day while most people were at work so it wasn't too crazy. It was more difficult to get Tony to stop playing with all the toys and to focus on finding toys that would fit inside of a backpack. Eventually we found everything we needed and were able to leave without too much frustration. This year Toys for Tots collected 39,000 toys and $41,000 to purchase toys, which all benefited children in Hawaii. We also participate in our community food drive that happens every year around this time and our neighborhood was able to collect 1459 pounds of food and raise $1302 for the food bank of Hawaii. I would say that both organizations received the help they needed from the Hawaii communities, I LOVE Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment