Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Neighborhood Watch



We have finally found our niche in Hawaii!! I know it took us a while but we finally figured it out. We have had 2 sets of new neighbors move onto our street, both moved in about a month before Tony came home and the family across the street always watched our house and took care of our pets when I was gone. We started meeting the new people and everyone is so much fun. Our next door neighbors are an Army family and Jossy, Jose and their daughter JoJo all speak English, Puertorican, and Italian. They were stationed in Italy for 6 years, I would love to go there. They have invited us over for dinner, poker and pool nights, and just to visit. They also have a motorcycle so of course Tony is always over there looking in their garage at stuff. We also had new neighbors move into the corner house of the cul-de-sac. Kerri and her husband Ray had their first son Xavier about a month ago so we (I) get to play with a baby almost whenever I want to!! Ray is from Cuba so Tony and I need to brush up on our Spanish. They all speak English but sometimes they tell stories in Spanish and we get a translator :) We are so glad they are all our neighbors. We hang out in each others garages and always wave to each other as we drive by coming and going from various places. If Tony was leaving now, I would have all kinds of friends!! Our new thing has been riding our motorcycles with 'the neighbors'. Jose has a cruiser type bike and his wife rides on the back. Joe takes out his Harley and his wife Kim rides on the back of that one. Then there is Tony and I on our sport bikes. I'm sure we look like an odd group but we don't care, it's about the company you are with not what kind of bike you ride. We have a great time and have rode around the island and usually eat a late lunch or early dinner somewhere before we head home. It's one of my new favorite things to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment