Usually I do not follow, watch, or care about college football but today was different. I got to talk to Tony this morning while I was at work. It was nice to hear from him but I know it was really late, I think it was 11pm for him. We talked about odds and ends and he caught up with what I was doing for the week and wanted to know if I had Halloween plans. No Halloween plans, have to work, which means early mornings for me. He then told me that Georgia was playing Florida today, I know enough that they are one of the biggest rivals in football history!!! At least on the college level anyway. Tony told me they would be able to watch the game over there but I think it started at midnight for them. He said he was really tired and didn't think he would be able to stay up and watch it. This is when I realized how much the little things are taken for granted. I decided that I was going to at least pay attention to the game and see how it progressed so I could tell him the score and if it was a good game or if either side was blown out of the water. The bulldogs were actually behind until the third quarter and I was starting to get worried but in the end they pulled through. I even memorized the final score, 24-20, so I could tell him about it!! About an hour ago I was working on my midterm when I realized Tony just got online and the first thing he said was, 'We won, I ended up staying up until 4am watching the game. Take that Gators!!' I was so happy that he was able to watch it. I know it made him feel like he wasn't so far away and it was something fun for him to do. I know he will be tired all day but some sacrifices are worth it. He also said there was only him and one another guy that watched the game, the only 'true' Georgia fans. Tony tried to make me tell him what his Christmas presents were and wanted hints but I said NO! He also got mail today, hooray!!!! He said that 6 pallets of mail came in and he had all sorts of stuff on it. Georgia won and he got mail, makes for a FANTASTIC day!


No comments:
Post a Comment