Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Its a Horse, Its a Cow, NO its a ZEBRA!!!

Tony made this for my Dad while he is in Afghanistan and mailed it to him.  While we were home on leave my Dad showed Tony some of the scratch art he had done and Tony was really interested in it so my Dad taught him the basics of it.  After Tony deployed I asked my Dad if he could send Tony some of the blank scratch are pieces of paper so Tony would have something to do when they were having down time.  Tony had said they were getting bored out there and they were running out of things to do so I was hoping this would help pass the time. It worked!!! I had no idea Tony would make something and mail it back to my parents but I think it turned out really well and I find myself staring at the picture for hours, trying to figure out how he did it. I've never seen Tony draw so I am impressed with what he created.  My Dad loved it and I am sure it will be at the house when we come back to visit.  We must remember, it is the simple things and the random acts of kindness that often mean the most to people. Who knew that a simple work of art could mean so much to a Marine who just wanted something to do. Thank you Dad for sending this to Tony, it means a lot to both of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment