What a long day!!! We started around 5am and this thing went ALL day long. We had our prejudging in the morning and it was the first time we were on stage. We were both a little nervous, it was something we had never done before. There were eleven girls in my category, Bikini Tall, and Tony competed against eight guys in Mens Physique Short. We were both on stage for a long time and the lights and flexing everything the whole time really makes you sweat. Its hard work!! We were both also very sore the next day, which is something I don't think we expected to happen.
We were sooooo happy my mom was able to fly out and watch us do this!!! It was an accomplishment for both of us and it was a new experience for her. It was also a lot of fun to be able to spend some time with my mom at the pool, we kicked back and relaxed. Walking onto the stage was probably one of the most nerve wracking walks of my life!! I was trying to remember everything that I had learned. Stand tall, chest out, shoulders back, balance on the shoes, tummy in, flex all your muscles, AND smile. Oh man, what a list. It was a tough competition, there were a lot of girls in my category and everyone looked great.Tony said he wasn't nervous and that he was just going to have fun. He pumped up in the back just like everyone else. The only problem he had was that his tan would run when he was lifting weights to get his muscles ready. He didn't have quite as many people in his category but it was still a tough competition for him as well. He had a mental checklist of things he had to do. He needed to blow out his abs, watch his hand placement, and look like Mr. Cool up on stage. Im so proud of him!!
I had a feeling that I did not place which is ok. At first I was fairly disappointed because I had worked so hard but after thinking about it for a little while I realized that I had gained so much more. I didnt need a trophy to know how hard I worked. I know where I started from and where I ended up. I lost a lot of weight and walked myself across a stage to be judged on my overall fitness, how many people can say that?!? Tony earned 3rd place in his category, I am soooooo proud!!! He did it!!!
I made pigs in a blanket for us to eat after the show, Tony's request, it was something that could fit inside of a gallon bag and not make a mess. As soon as we were done we went and sat with our friends that came to watch us and we ate our pigs in a blanket, a snickers bar, and drank a small glass of wine! We were very happy and proud of ourselves and it was time to relax and not weight our food!!! We also celebrated the next day by having lunch at Teddys Bigger Burger, boy was that a TON of food. That was the only thing I ate all day, I didnt have room for anything else!!
| Team Quantum Fitness |






No comments:
Post a Comment