Thursday, April 5, 2012

Prepping For The Show

The diet and exercise keep us very busy the last few months and it was finally time to start prepping for the day of. We spent many days/nights standing in front of the mirror holding and hitting our poses for the stage. I also needed to practice walking in my shoes, 5 inches makes it a little hard to balance. Stage presence is something we would be judged on and our form needed to be really good. There were various things each of us needed to practice AND remember. Some things I needed to remember were: keep your chest up, shoulders back, smile, suck in stomach, flex leg and ab muscles, broken wrists, and turn gracefully while maintaining the list that was just described. Tony needed to do the following: keep his wrists straight, pop out his shoulder muscles, flare his lats, blow out his abs, smile, chin up, and flex his leg muscles. It was quite a list that we had and did our best to execute everything at the same time.
I did the girl thing and made sure to get my nails done and get a pedicure. If I was going to crash and burn in those heels at least I would have nice looking toes!!
Tony learned what it was like be hairless. It was rather humorous watching him shave off all of his hair and answering some of the questions he had about the best way to shave his legs.....Not something you would typically expect to hear from a guy but I guess if you have never done it before you would have some questions.
After this process was complete we took a small break to visit some more with my mom. She couldn't believe we were doing this and thought we were crazy for eating the way we were. We explained that our eating habits changed a lot the week of the show, which was when she arrived. I don't think she cared for how we had to eat but she still had dinner with us every night. She had her food and we had ours, dinner usually consisted of us asking how great her food tasted, even if it was ramen noodles, and she would tell us she couldn't do it. The running joke was asking us how our sweet potato tasted, that nasty thing will never be forgotten! The next step in preparing for the competition was our spray tans, which became the next joke!!
Before
After
I promise it looks ALOT better when on stage, it isn't supposed to look natural. This is actually how we could pick out who was competing in the show when we stayed at our hotel the first night. Everyone with a really bad, abnormal looking tan, was most likely competing. After we got our tans the next step was weigh in's which went fine.  They just checked our height to make sure we were in the right category and checked the back of my swimsuit to make sure that it covered enough. Weird, I know. After this it was one more session of posing to make sure we had everything the way it was supposed to be.
 I think we are ready, here goes nothing!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment