Sunday, December 5, 2010

Anniversary Weekend

 We did lots of different things on our anniversary this year, we had lots of variety. On Saturday morning we went to Gunstock Ranch and rode horses. It was sooooo much fun.  Im not very good at riding horses but at least I tried. My horses name was Scarlet and Tony's was Buster. Scarlet listened to me very well but Buster had a mind of his own. Tony said he just had to show him who was boss........ Our trail ride wasn't the typical horses get in a line and follow each other type thing. Alex's girlfriend was our trail guide and she let us trot and race the horses. My horse would always try to go faster than Tony's, well Tony likes to go fast, I did not particularly enjoy mine trying to be faster......I held onto the horn for dear life and prayed I didnt fall off. Woah didnt work once Scarlet decided she had to be faster.


After riding horses all morning we went home to relax. We tried working on the motorcycle for a little bit but that didnt last long, instead we ended up taking a nap for a few hours.  We then got ready to go to dinner. We had dinner at Mortons Steak House, Tony describes the place as 'its one of those places that the waiters wear tuxedos......' food was good :)
On Sunday we participated in the Toys for Tots Motorcycle ride, it was great!!!! There were over 5000 bikes participating and we were in a parade. Its a fundraiser for children in Hawaii and we got to ride the motorcycle.
 We ate our cake that has been frozen for a year, honestly it wasnt that bad. The cake was still moist,  a little cold from being in the fridge but it was edible.  The frosting on the other hand did not do so well. While the cake was defrosting it split open, Tony said it looked like the Grand Canyon was made into our cake. The frosting was really chalky, thats the best way I can describe it but if you scrapped that part off it really was ok!!! Last but not least we exchanged gifts. I LOVE my new boots, Tony doesnt like them very much but he knew I loved them and bought them for me anyways!!!! He also tells me they are eskimo stripper boots, so Im sure ill hear that joke over and over and over while we are on vacation but I dont care, as long as my feet are warm!!!!! I gave Tony a necklace, he gets half and I get the other. I thought it was something he could always have with him, even on deployment, hope he liked it!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment