Friday, December 31, 2010

Mountain Time

The entire next day we spent on the mountain! We strapped our feet into the snowboards and did our best. The mountain won for the first hour or so but after that we got the hang of it. Tony had trouble controlling his speed so he would be moving at Mach 10 down the mountain and when his board caught in the snow he went flying. I was a little worried about him. I snowboarded backwards for a while, I dont know how I managed that but I did. I was later told that I used the falling leaf method.....We corrected that later by practicing on the bunny hill for about an hour. I like to snowboard using my toes so whenever I fell I landed on my knees, which were black and blue by the end of the day. Tony likes his back edge and snowboards on his heels so he was landing on his wrists and butt the whole time. We visited the hot tub after our bodies were done being abused on the mountain.

We took a small break from snowboarding to go to the top of the mountain and see the view. We left our snowboards at the bottom, we were NOT black diamond snowboarders yet so the boards were perfectly fine at the base of the mountain. Im pretty sure we would have died if we tried to board down. The view was beautiful and it was really cold. 

Thats our hotel waaaaaaaay down there.
 We hit the slopes for a few more hours after our break. There are lights on the mountain so you can snowboard until 9:00pm and did I mention that the sun went down at 4:00pm?! We were always bundled up and trying to stay warm. Tony said we should just snowboard faster and we would stay warmer. I said I would rather not, I didnt see how more wind chill in my face would keep me warm. Not only did we always wear layers, we also had toasty toes and hand warmers in our gloves and socks!!

We went to dinner after spending a day on the mountain. The parking lot had the best of me. I didnt get THAT beat up while on the mountain but the parking lot literally took me out. On the way to the car I slipped a little bit but I was holding onto Tony so it was ok. After dinner we stopped at the grocery store and then went back to the hotel. Tony was carrying the bags and I was holding his arm. I was on the upside of a hill and my feet completely slipped out from underneath me. While I was falling I managed to take Tony out at the same time. I wiped both his feet out from under him and I hit the ice and he landed on me. He said he had a soft landing......I didnt find it so humorous. He landed on my knee and I thought I broke my leg, it hurt so bad. I was mad because there was no way I could break my leg on the second day and not be able to do ANYTHING the rest of the trip. AND if Im going to break my leg it should be a cool story like I hit a tree snowboarding or something not I slipped in the parking lot.....Well my leg was badly bruised from my solid tree of a husband landing on me but other than that we were ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment