This morning I yanked myself out of bed bright and early at 0500 to go participate in the MCBH Turkey Trot 10K. This was my first time ever running a 10K and boy are my legs sore. It probably doesn't help that I took about a week off from the gym because of the way our work schedule has been. Needless to say, I FINISHED IT!!!!! I finished in 57 mins and 2 seconds, which Im still trying to decide how I feel about this time. Please keep in mind that I did have to run up a hill (mountain).......TWICE.......which I wasn't very happy about. Overall I think I did pretty good and I am proud of myself. I believe this adds up to about 6 or 7 races that I have done while Tony was gone. Each race I got a little faster and I was a little lighter. All of the races I participated in were part of the Commanding Officers Fitness Series which is why almost all of the races took place on military bases. The series starts again in January and I am thinking about doing them again. It helps keep me in shape and they really don't take that long to do. The hardest part is getting out of bed and going to do it. Im hoping that maybe Tony will want to do some of them with me, I know he runs all of the time for work, but maybe. I have my eye set on one run that takes place in March. If I/we do it, you will be the first to know about it!! I also keep thinking about how far I have come during these past 7 months. I signed up for this run thinking that when it was finally time to run it that Tony would be home soon, it seemed so far away. I knew I would participate in this since June and was always wishing that it was closer. Well, the run came and went, guess that means the hubby will be home soon :)
![]() |
| This is from Skype a few days ago, it was around 2 am. I can't wait until we can both be in the same picture AND in the same time zone. |


No comments:
Post a Comment