When I talked to Tony he told me that it has been really really REALLY cold at night over there. I guess they are also getting some of the cold front that has been hitting the mainland. I get cold too, when its less than 75 but, back to Tony. Over the last few days the temperature has dropped significantly. At night it has dipped down to 29 degrees and during the day it has been windy and chilly with temperatures in the low 60's. Many of them have woke up to frozen water jugs and ice on their sleeping bags. He also said that some of them have been experiencing hypothermia. He said he is ok but they had one guy in his group that got to sleep in the truck all night with the heater running because the doc said he was getting too cold. Tony and some of his guys decided to dig a hole that could fit 7-8 of them, cover it with a tarp, and sleep in it to stay warm. He said they are, and I quote, 'nut to butt in the hole but at least its warm'. Like I said, his words, not mine, I could have thought of a more eloquent way to put it but I guess thats what you get when you speak Marine. At least I know he shouldn't be out of practice with cuddling!!



No comments:
Post a Comment