Saturday, February 12, 2011

My Creations

I am attending a friends baby shower tomorrow and I have been working on stuff for her over the last couple of weeks. I am really excited to go and hang out with the girls, maybe ill make a couple new friends! The first picture is of the cake I made. I think it turned out pretty good if you ask me! Ive never done ANYTHING like this before. Fondant, I dont think is worth all the work. I think ill leave that to the professionals but I can say that I tried it once. I know the cake will taste great and so will the regular frosting underneath but when I was working with the fondant all I was thinking about was play dough. Lets just say that I wont be offended if they peel that part off of their cake.
My next project was a diaper cake! This one is not edible. The layers are made of diapers that I rolled up like mini burritos and held it together with hair bands. There are bottles in the middle to help the diapers hold there shape. After the layers were made I covered them with onesies, burp cloths, wash cloths, hats, and cute outfits! I completed the look with putting ribbon around the layers and used hair clips and ribbons to decorate the outside.
 My last project was baby sock roses! This one is actually my favorite! Im really REALLY happy with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment