Saturday, July 21, 2012

Ikaika Bodybuilding Championships

The day has finally arrived!!! I get to walk on stage again and compete in another competition.  I was a little nervous but now that I kind of know what to expect it wasn't too bad. I wish Tony could have been here to see me but thats ok, I had some other people that came to watch me. I worked really hard and think that there have been significant changes from the first show to the second show.
I had to practice walking again and making sure that my posing was squared away. Its all about training your body to look natural while flexing all of your muscles AND remembering to smile!!
I had an early morning of getting my hair and make-up done and preparing for round two of competing. I felt good about my swimsuit color and was ready to go out there.
I even had extra help getting ready!!! Rani fixed my tan which I accidentally messed up and she had to fix it again. I forgot to go to the bathroom before she fixed me, oooops. Diana came and watched to see what competing was all about and helped me get ready too.
 I did my best on stage and think I did well. I looked like I should be competing which is ALWAYS a good thing.
 I did not place in this competition but I have learned a lot about working out and dieting and how to get my body to do certain things. I dont know if there will be other competitions in my future or not but I do know that this is one more thing that can be crossed off of my bucket list. You never know what you can accomplish until you put yourself out there. I am so thankful to have a husband that stands behind me in the decisions I make and that my friends and family have been there for me as well. I have met a great group of people and will never forget all the memories that were made and conversations that revolved around food we would like to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment