Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Together At Last

      He made it home on February 20th!!!! Oh what a day. The weekend before Noelle and I went shopping to find a cute outfit to wear when he got back and did a bunch of girl things, including pedicures. Originally he was supposed to return at noon but the night before I found out that he was going to be delayed until 3:00pm. That was ok, it let me go to work and then I could go over to K Bay and pick him up, better than sitting at the house in nervous anticipation. I got off work, went home, touched up the makeup, put one more spray of perfume on and out the door I went, headed straight for K Bay. It was hard not to drive to fast, I was just really REALLY excited, he was going to finally be home!!! I planned dinner ahead of time and had the dishes out and place mats set, everything was ready for us to come back home. I checked the time and it was now 4:00, then it was 4:30, then we found out they had been delayed and were just now landing at 5:00...... Ok, deep breath, no big deal, it happens right? I believe its called Murphys Law, if it can go wrong, it will go wrong. The bags were mixed up with the other unit that was leaving for Mojave Viper the same day they returned, they had to unload all the bags and unmix them. Then the truck broke down so the bags they just unloaded and reloaded now had to be unloaded AGAIN. Now it is 6:00, and then 6:30, and now its 7:00.......They are all sitting on the bus, hopefully on their way soon....... Something goes wrong with this bus!!!! REALLY!?!?!?!? They all get off and load up into another bus. FINALLY the text message comes that says they are on H1 heading our way. 8:00pm and the buses are coming into the lot HOOOOOORAY!!!!! It takes about another hour for him to find all of his bags and for us to get home. Needless to say, dinner was Panda drive through, we ate it standing up at the house, and then straight to bed, we both had to work the next day and it was now 10:00.
      I was off early the next day from work and he didnt get home until 6:00 so it was perfect. I had plenty of time to make dinner for us and get everything ready. We used out Valentines Day plates that were in the shape of hearts and drank Champagne. Its soooo good to have him home. We sat on our new couch after dinner and watched a movie together, this is the life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment