Saturday, September 8, 2012

A Party For No Reason

Goodbye is always difficult so we tend to say see you later, see you next time, or see you soon. Sometimes its even easier just to pretend like it isn't happening.....We are making the most of our weekends and down time before we fly out on September 11, 2012. We have so much that we need to do and its actually quite stressful, especially because Tony just got back on Aug 30th. We needed to make appointments to have our house cleaned, carpets cleaned, have all of our stuff packed up, ship Izzy, ship the car, and I'm sure a couple other things that I'm not remembering at the moment. We did take breaks from stressing out and worrying about these things to spend quality time with our friends. Rani came to church with us and as you can see Tony had a hard time focusing and being serious......
We FINALLY got a good one. Excuse the cowboy boots......I was having a hard time finding my clothes, shoes, or anything else that I might actually be trying to use. My brain is all over the place and this was the best I could do for today haha. After church we went and had lunch with our good friends and neighbors Kim and Joe. Joe said Tony could ride his motorcycle so we could have one last ride on the island (ours were already packed). I wasn't too crazy about riding on the motorcycle, its just not my  style. I prefer my sports bike but somehow I was convinced that this was a good idea. The picture below is perfect, my face is saying, I really would rather be shot out of a cannon than ride on that thing.....
If you look closely at my seat, you will see that is stays on by a suction cup AND there are no foot pegs on this motorcycle.....See why I would rather be shot out of a cannon? I held on REALLY tight to Tony and it actually took me a little bit before I could relax and enjoy the ride. Lunch was amazing though, best Japanese BBQ is on this island! After we had our lunch we rode back to Ewa and visited with Kim and Joe before we were headed over to have dinner with the Stromdorfers. They are a wonderful family and have been so very kind to us. They have made us feel like part of there family as well and we had a wonderful time visiting with them and playing with their kids.
Natalia convinced Tony to hula hoop with her, she was teaching him <3
On sunday I had a little girls day with my workout gals. Rani was my personal trainer and helped me with all of my weight loss success and Kim (different than Kim and Joe) is also from the gym. Originally we saw each other in passing, she was also a client with Rani, but eventually we became friends!! We had a wonderful time having PuPu's in Waikiki.
Goodbye's are always hard but you have to make the best of it and its a good excuse to either travel back to the places you've been OR to meet somewhere new and create new memories!!! I also had dinner with my friend Noelle, who will always be Roxy to me, and her husband Kona. We will see each other again!!!
You are never ready for a see you later but all you can do is make the best of it, be prepared for your new adventure, and never quit smiling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment