Arson families and friends,
I have great news! The temperatures have started to decrease significantly since we’ve been here. It is now chilly in the mornings and evenings. It almost feels like Hawaii during mid-day. However, this great news also brings some bad. First, Marines at FB Saenz have been taking cold showers due to water being cold throughout the day (great times). But it’s a sign of change. Second, as we say good-bye to the heat, we can say hello to rain. All I can say is “any clime and place.” Your Marines continue to work hard at both firing positions. The rumor is that FOB Edinburgh’s new gym in the firing position is quite an achievement and extremely nice. 1stSgt Ellington and I will be sure to take pictures of it on our next visit for all to see. I’m sure all of you have started the homecoming countdown and we are excited about it as well. However, we will remain vigilant in our mission until the day we fly out of Afghanistan. 1stSgt Ellington and I are extremely impressed with the discipline, motivation and esprit de corps that is in this battery due to your Marines’ commitment and devotion towards mission accomplishment. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Arson will hold its guide on high till the very end. Looking back at our accomplishments during our deployment up to this point, I am humbled by the intensity, focus and commitment that were displayed towards each other and this battery. As always, 1stSgt Ellington and I are proud to be a part of this team and family and we look forward to seeing you all in two months. Arson on point.
Respectfully,
Capt Rich Lee
Update from FB Saenz (1stLt Sagerholm)
Families and friends, your Marines at Fire Base Saenz continue to do an outstanding job. Their attitudes have remained high and much of that is thanks to the support you have been giving them. As always, the prison gym is where all that extra energy is used and turned into manliness. The chow at Saenz, from what some visitors say, is some of the best in the battalion. Our guys in there are doing a great job. Church services have been offered to Marines during the last month for Catholics and Protestants. Once again, your support has been a major factor in every Marine's life out here and I thank you for it. Please keep it up and soon they will be safely in your arms. Congratulations are due to newly promoted Corporal Brown and meritoriously promoted Corporal Hodgson. Also, congratulations to Sergeant Spears for his selection to Staff Sergeant.
Sincerely,
1stLt Sagerholm

No comments:
Post a Comment